8 Random Things
- I used to be in a band with my husband, Mike. I was the singer, he was lead guitar and mastermind. We used to gig a lot in Raleigh, NC back when we lived there. Didn’t gig much in Dallas. Our biggest gigs were opening for Chris Isaak twice and Joe Ely once. Lots of fun. But I got tired of singing in bars and now Mike has an instrumental band, The Big Guns.
- I’m a readaholic. Always have been, probably always will be. I read everything and anything.
- I was born in Youngstown, Ohio. Great place to say you’re from.
- I play piano and read music. Mostly pop stuff.
- Mike and I both used to work in records stores back in the day. He was Peaches in Dallas and I was Cactus in Houston. We have thousands of vinyl lps and yes, we have a turntable and still play records!
- My first airplane trip was from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles with the Los Angeles Dodgers on their plane. I had just finished eighth grade. Friend of the family played with them then and I was going to spend a few weeks in LA babysitting the friend’s kids.
- My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was younger and after high school, I never crocheted again until I re-taught myself via books last year.
- I call myself the disease queen. I have a slew of challenges health-wise. But I manage. In January I will be entering my 27th year of insulin dependent diabetes (type 1) without complications and 5 years cancer free after treatment for breast cancer.
Well, that’s enough of that! I have to ponder the tagging of others. Please feel free to volunteer if you’d like to join in the fun.